Very Important Shipping Information
Every item is custom-made, just for you! Because of this, even though our “standard” delivery time is stated as 2 to 3 weeks, delivery times may vary. Some aspects of your order that may affect delivery times are:
- The size of your order
- Seasonality (During Spring and early Summer months, manufacturing lead time can be as long as 4-6 weeks)
- The volume of orders placed before yours and their production status
- The difficulty of your order (some items are much more complex to make than others)
- Customized products
- Fabric availability
- Your delivery address
Receiving Your Delivery
We use several carriers to ship our orders so that we can get your items to you as quickly as possible and at the best price. Some orders will be delivered by UPS / FedEx in small vans, and others may be delivered in very large trucks.
UPS will leave your order even if you are not there to receive it. If you are not home when a large truck delivery is being made, the driver will not leave the goods, but will leave you a notice to call the trucking company to make arrangements for a suitable delivery time. Most times the trucking company will contact you to arrange a suitable delivery window.
CHECK YOUR PACKAGES CAREFULLY BEFORE SIGNING FOR THEM.
- If you notice any damage to the boxes or any open boxes, you MUST make sure the driver makes a note of the damage on the Bill of Lading (WAYBILL) before you sign. This way if you find any damage to the contents, you (and we) will be protected and can claim for the damage from the freight company. Damaged boxes/goods that are not reported at the time of delivery are not eligible for a claim–you will be disappointed and we can’t help!
- Make sure that you receive the correct number of boxes, as stated on the waybill. If any boxes are missing, again make sure this is noted on the waybill before you sign it. If you sign that you received 5 boxes, and you only received 4, it is almost impossible to recover the lost box–you will be disappointed and we can’t help
ALL ITEMS ARE CAREFULLY INSPECTED BEFORE LEAVING OUR FACTORY. IF YOU FAIL TO NOTICE DAMAGE AND THE DRIVER DOESN’T MAKE A NOTE OF THE DAMAGE AT THE TIME OF DELIVERY, OR IF YOU FAIL TO NOTE ANY MISSING BOXES, NEITHER WE, OR THE MANUFACTURER OR THE TRUCKING COMPANY CAN BE HELD RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE.
MOST ITEMS ARE MADE TO CUSTOMER SPECIFICATIONS, THEREFORE ALL ITEMS MADE-TO-ORDER ARE NON-RETURNABLE
As you can imagine, there is wide variation between our customers’ order sizes. Because of this, it is extremely difficult to create a “formula” for pricing shipping costs. We have done our best to achieve this in our shopping cart, but sometimes things just don’t work out correctly. If this appears to be the case – if your shipping cost seems too high or too low – please call us and we’ll calculate it manually.
We obtain the shipping cost based upon the best possible rates available to us from multiple carriers BEFORE you place your order. You will therefore know the total cost of your order before confirming it.
NOTE: ANY UNFORESEEN ADDITIONAL COSTS INCURRED DURING DELIVERY SUCH AS COMMUNITY GATE FEES OR GOVERNMENT FEES/DUTIES MUST BE PAID BY CUSTOMER. OUR FREIGHT QUOTES DO NOT INCLUDE SUCH FEES AND WE ARE NOT LIABLE FOR THEM.